Friday 27 January 2012

Cats!

I have a love of fabric, as well as a love of cardmaking things.  Fabric was my first love :-)  I have stacks of it!  What I love to do is make cards using odd bits of fabric, so I thought today I would show you a few that I have been making this week.  I also love cats, so there may be recurring theme :-)  First of all, I would like to introduce you to one of my cats, Louis, who loves to come sit with me when I am working:


He does tend to have the habit of sticking himself right in the middle of what I am doing.  But at least when he does it, it gives me the excuse to go off and make a cuppa :-)


The first card I am going to show you is one from a fabric that I love, I use this fabric to make cushions and the piece I have left over I make into cards:





I simply cut the fabric out and glued it onto a piece of felt, then glued it to the card and stamped a sentiment onto it to finish it off.  Simple, but effective.

This next card is one of several I made using a piece of fabric that I have been looking at for a while wondering what to do with it, and in the end thought, well may as well cut it up and put it on cards :-)


For this card, I used dsp paper from Paisley Petals as a background to the fabric picture.


The next one I like a lot and it has now been sold too :-)



Again, the background is from Paisley Petals.  I am really liking the dsp a lot, it is a mixture of subtle and bold, depending on what mood I am in :-)

Right, that's it for me today.  I am planning a trip to the fabric shop which is a 60 mile round trip :-O  I am in need of some inspiration and a fabric fix :-D

Have a fab day and speak to you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment